New Day is a network of simple churches that meet anywhere — houses, apartments, dorms, coffee shops, storefronts, under shade trees — anywhere that people meet, anywhere in the world.
We're committed to carrying out the Great Commission of Jesus Christ Matthew 28:18-20 by making disciples and planting churches. We accomplish our mission by loving Christ, loving scripture, and loving people.
New Day Churches are built on Jesus' teaching and enjoy the same fellowship experienced by the very first disciples (read about it in Acts 2:42-47). We focus on teaching and fellowship in three ways:
- Discipleship Groups
- Groups of 3 – 5 people who meet weekly for Bible study. We typically meet around coffee, breakfast, or lunch and the groups last from 45 minutes to an hour. Our groups currently use the easy-to-follow Discovery Bible Study method developed by Final Command Ministries (finalcommandengage.org).
- The discipleship groups combine with one another once a week for teaching and encouragement (1 Corinthians 14). Teaching is typically done via video; then we share the Lord’s Supper and spend the remaining time encouraging each other through prayer, singing, testimonies, etc. Assemblies usually last for about an hour.
- Ministry Groups
- Each New Day Church is involved in a local ministry selected by the group. Our ministry groups provide great opportunities to tell others about Jesus as we serve important needs in our communities. Funding for the ministry comes from the weekly collection.
New Day Churches are started and cared for by local church planters who are coached, equipped, and encouraged by the New Day Network staff using online and onsite resources. Read more about what we believe.
- We believe in the God of the Scriptures, a just and loving God who lives in the persons of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. God created all things and He loves His creation. God wants everyone to be in a relationship with Him.
- Jesus Christ
- We believe that Jesus Christ is God who became human to save us from our sins. We believe that Jesus’ life shows us how to live, that His death redeems us from our sins, and that His resurrection guarantees our own resurrection to a new life. We believe that Jesus is the only way to have a saving relationship with God.
- The Holy Spirit
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is God who personally dwells in believers for the sake of transforming us into Jesus’ likeness. We believe that the Spirit equips us to be like Christ, supplies us with spiritual gifts, and leads us in the will of God. We believe we are to be filled with the Spirit.
- The Scriptures
- We believe that the sixty-six books of the Bible are inspired of God, infallible, and perfect. We believe that God expects us to be obedient to the Scriptures, and will bless us for obedience, even when popular culture might contradict Scripture.
- Sin, Salvation, and Faith
- We believe that all humans have sinned and that our sins separate us from God and bring God’s judgment upon us. We believe that only God’s grace can redeem us from being lost, and that salvation comes to us through faith in Jesus as both Savior and Lord. We believe in salvation by grace through faith. We believe that saving faith demonstrates itself in obedience to the will of God.
- We believe that water baptism by immersion serves as the point at which we die to our lost selves, are buried, and are raised to a resurrected life in Christ. We believe that in baptism sins are washed away through faith and because of grace. We believe that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord needs to be baptized into Christ Jesus.
- We believe that God calls us to live holy lives, which reflect the purity, morality, and ethical standards of Jesus Christ. We believe that we should avoid corrupting influences of disbelief, even though we celebrate our love for everyone, including unbelievers.
- The Church
- We believe that the church consists of those who have been saved by the blood of Christ, and that the church is the bride of Christ, the body of Christ, the temple of the Spirit, the family of God, and the pillar and ground of the truth. We believe that active participation in the church is necessary for growth in Christ. We believe that the core mission of the church is to make disciples of all nations.
- The Second Coming
- We believe that Jesus Christ will return to gather His people at the end of time, raising all of humanity from the dead. We believe that those who have put their faith in Christ will be raised to eternal life, but those who have refused to believe in Him will be raised to eternal death. We believe in living prepared for Jesus’ second coming.